Wednesday, November 6, 2019

11/6/2019

     Today I started to prepare interview questions for my interviewee, Zachary Jones. I decided to watch multiple interviews of high school runners on fl.milesplit.com. Common questions that are asked include:


  • "How does your team feel about this coming track season?
  • "How do you plan on keeping the momentum from last season into this season?"
  • "What are your goals for this up and coming track season?"
  • "How did you feeling running the race today?"
     These interviews included individualized questions that related to the interviewees previous accomplishments. However, in my interview I would like to get a deeper understanding of Zachary's emotions and how he coped with possible mental and physical barriers during his recent cross country season. The questions I have generated include:

  • How have possible struggles during your season helped to strengthen your mindset?
  • What steps have you taken to positively change your mentality?
  • What is your top priority for next season?
  • What has fueled your love for running?
  • What advice might you give to other high school runners who may be experiencing some struggle as well?
     These questions demand a more detailed answer than the ones typically asked on fl.milesplit.com. Asking these question will allow my article to feature a sense of intimacy between the audience and Zachary and potentially increase the magazine's appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment